WE WILL BE HOSTING SEVERAL CLASSES IN 2020.
FILL PLANT OPERATIONs TRAINING
NOVEMBER 19-21, 2019 AT WELDCOA's AURORA, IL FACILITY
There is a growing need for operations training in the gas industry in order to strengthen safety, efficiencies and profitability. Often, tribal knowledge and industry specific know-how is either lost, misunderstood and/or distorted as it is passed along from one employee to the next. This distortion of knowledge is affecting our industry as seasoned employees retire or simply exit our companies.
Many of Weldcoa’s customers have requested this type of training for some time. In order to provide this important service to our clients, Weldcoa has committed a sizable investment to build a hands-on training center. In addition to creating a new facility and developing the training materials, we have enlisted some of the top manufacturers in our industry to train your employees. The topics will range from: proper cylinder care to the filling process and will incorporate a general understanding on the functionality of cryogenic pumps and bulk tanks. Demonstrations will be given, showing the "how" and "why" things occur. Participants of this course will be exposed and introduced to a broad range of resources that your company can continue to access in order to get further training, regulation info, compliance info and general product information.
FELLOW INDUSTRY EXPERTS INCLUDE:
CHART INDUSTRIES, NORRIS CYLINDER, SHERWOOD VALVE, FASTEST INC, NIKKISO CRYOGENIC SERVICES, WELDCOA AND MORE!
- GENERAL FILLING SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
- UNDERSTANDING CYLINDER MARKINGS
- OVERVIEW OF CONNECTORS; PROS & CONS, MAINTENANCE, PURITY CONCERNS, ETC.
- DIP TUBES/FLIPPERS/ROLLERS (CYLINDER MIXING)
- PROPER VALVE SELECTION PER CGA + VARIOUS VALVE STYLES
- PROPER CYLINDER SAFETY SELECTION
- READING UNDERSTANDING FILL CHARTS
- DIFFERENCES OF TEMPERATURE PRESSURE FILLING VS GRAVIMETRIC FILLING
- IMPORTANCE OF PURITY AND HOW TO ATTAIN IT
- UNDERSTANDING FACTORS AS TO WHY IMPURITIES CAN GET INTO A SYSTEM
- ELIMINATING COMMON POINTS FOR ISSUES (DEAD ENDS, ETC.)
- UNDERSTANDING ANALYZERS AND ERROR READINGS
- FILL RATES ON ALUMINUM CYLINDERS IN OXYGEN SERVICE
- OXYGEN SAFTEY CONSIDERATIONS AND BASICS
- CYLINDER CONVERSION FROM ONE GAS SERVICE TO ANOTHER
- FILLING LEADS, LEAD PROTECTION, CYCLE LIFE, INDUSTRY STANDARDS AND MORE
- CALIBRATIONS BASICS AND WHY IT MATTERS
- LIQUEFIED COMPRESSED GAS
- CRYOGENIC LIQUID CYLINDER; FILL CAPACITIES, GAS USE VS LIQUID WITHDRAWAL CANS, ECONOMIZERS/ PRESSURE BUILDER CIRCUITS, SAFE HANDLING AND MORE
- BULK TANK LOSS, PUMP COOL DOWN LOSS, PURGE LOSS
- LIQUID CYLINDER FILLING LOSSES
- OVERVIEW OF TYPICAL PLANT LOSSES AND CALCULATING PRODUCT COSTS
- IMPORTANCE OF ANALYSIS, FILL RECORDS, AND TRACEABILITY
- BULK TANK AND CRYOGENIC PUMP BASICS
- COMPRESSORS; FLOW CURVES AND EFFICIENCIES, MAINTENANCE AND MORE
- VACUUM PUMPS; LUBRICANTS, PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS, MAINTENANCE
- BOOSTER PUMPS; OPERATIONS, PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS, MAINTENANCE
- CALCULATE FILL VOLUMES AND RESIDUAL VOLUMES OF TUBE TRAILERS
- FILL PLANT FLOW; CYLINDER MOVEMENT, SEGREGATION AND MORE
A single class is $300 per attendee. To register - Fill out the form to the right and push submit.
Class will start at 8:00am and end at approx. 5:00pm each training day.
All classroom and hands-on training will be held at the new one-of-a-kind WIC (Weldcoa Innovation Center) training center; a full functioning fill plant and spec gas facility.
Address: 338 East Sullivan Road, Aurora IL 60505 (directly across the street from Weldcoa’s 335 East Sullivan Road, Aurora manufacturing facility)
If you have any questions and/or need assistance, please feel free to contact Melissa Heard, Director of Marketing for Weldcoa. She can be reached at Melissa@Weldcoa.com